On Saturday, August 12th, the CFRF will host "Taste the Ocean State: Celebrate RI Seafood" at the The KITCHEN at The Boston Public Market. Please read on to learn more about the event and how you can participate!
Summer in New England calls for seafood! But with over 100 different species harvested throughout the year, it can be difficult to choose your next meal. Join the CFRF for an afternoon getting to know the seafood that is harvested locally, meeting the fishermen who bring it to your plate, learning the ropes of preparing summer seafood dishes, and taste the results for yourself! This event includes:
- Lessons in local seafood diversity, availability, and sustainability
- Stories and videos from local fishermen
- Seafood cooking demonstrations with Chef Maureen Pothier and Chef Matt Britt from Johnson and Wales University
- Tasting of seafood dishes prepared by Chefs Pothier and Britt
- Coupons to Red’s Best for purchasing seafood after the event
- Seafood recipes and information to take home
- Lessons in the science of seafood sustainability from the CFRF
When: Saturday, August 12th, 1-3PM
Tickets: This event is free and open to the public, but please RSVP here!
Event Partners: Johnson & Wales University, The Trustees, RI Local Food Bazaar, Red's Best, Eating with the Ecosystem
We hope to see you there!