The CFRF is currently seeking two commercial fishing vessels to join the Lobster and Jonah Crab Research Fleet to help fill offshore data gaps (areas in red below). Do you fish in these areas? Do you know someone who does? Apply today!
· F/Vs sample a minimum of 300 lobsters or 60 commercial traps per month.
· F/Vs sample a minimum of 150 Jonah crabs or 60 commercial traps per month.
· F/Vs sample lobster and Jonah crab from ventless traps provided by CFRF.
· The total stipend amount for the tasks listed above = $600 per month.
· Stipend is broken down in the following manner: $300/month for 3 commercial lobster sampling sessions, and $300/month for 3 commercial Jonah crab sampling sessions
· The timeline for this project is from July 2018 through June 2020.
For more information about the Lobster and Jonah Crab Research Fleet please visit our project website (CLICK HERE).
For more information about participant responsibilities and sampling protocols CLICK HERE.
If you would like to apply to participate in the Lobster and Jonah Crab Research Fleet, please fill out the application and submit to CFRF either via email, fax or mail. To download the vessel application, CLICK HERE.
Interested? Please contact Aubrey Ellertson, Research Associate, CFRF
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (401) 515-4892
Applications are due to the CFRF by Monday, October 15th.